Monday, January 26, 2015

The Brew

In July 2014, I started having trouble with yeast (candida) overgrowth.  I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise... due to the Lyme, I had been on antibiotics for over a month.  It started as a fuzzy feeling in the back of my throat.  After gargling with Nystatin for two weeks and taking Diflucan for another two weeks, the yeast was still there in my throat.  I stopped all antibiotics and took 6 capsules of Candinex a day.  That finally took care of the problem.  Ever since then, I have been drinking "The Brew" every morning in hopes to keep the yeast in check.  It has been 8 months now, and I have not had any further problems.  I should mention that I take probiotics every morning and night as well.


The Brew Recipe:
1/4 C Boiling Water
1 Tbsp Raw Honey
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (Organic)
5 Drops of Liquid Cayenne
3/4 C Cold Water & Ice

Directions:  Dissolve Honey in the Boiling Water.  Add the rest of the ingredients and let the drink chill for a few minutes.  Drink it down. :-&  

I drink this first thing every morning.  I make sure I have something close by to eat right after... banana, peanut butter, ANYTHING...   I use to drink it without the lemon, and that was nasty.  The lemon actually makes it a lot more tolerable.


No comments:

Post a Comment